Paul Bardwell focuses his practice on family law matters, including divorce, child custody and visitation, modification and termination of spousal support, and modification of child support. Paul also has extensive experience in conservatorships, guardianships, and adoptions. Paul is a Certified Specialist in Family Law as certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. Such certification involves passing an extensive written examination, demonstrating a high level of experience, fulfilling on-going education requirements, and being favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with his work. In 2006, Paul was named to Northern California's SuperLawyers, a listing of preeminent attorneys in each state as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics' magazine.
Paul is a local Napan, having grown up in Napa and graduated from Napa High School in 1969. Paul has been in private practice in Napa since 1976 and has over 30 years of experience in many facets of the law. He has extensive experience in both civil and criminal law having tried numerous cases throughout his career.
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, 1976
- B.A., University of San Francisco, 1973
- Instructor, Business Law, Napa Valley College , 1977-1990
- Napa County Bar Association (President, 1997-1998, Vice President, 1996-1997, Member, Family Law Section)
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section)
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization