Mike Murphy is head of the firm's Litigation & Construction Law Team. Mike's practice actively involves all aspects of civil litigation with an emphasis on the construction industry, from business formation, drafting and negotiating of contract language, licensing issues, consultation during construction and through dispute resolution. Mike's clients include public and private owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, construction managers, and consultants. Mike has a particular interest and expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes, both as an advocate as well as a mediator and arbitrator.
- LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer rated: 'AV'
- Counsel for home owner associations regarding construction defect litigation.
- Counsel for developers regarding contract documentation and claims.
- Counsel for public and private contractors regarding contract documentation and litigation.
- Counsel for a community college regarding major construction expansion projects.
- Counsel for Hospitals regarding major projects, including contract negotiation and resolutions of construction claims.
- Jury trials to verdict in Federal and State Courts.
- Over 30 years of trial and arbitration litigation experience.
- State Bar of California
- Napa County Bar Association (Vice President, 2000-2001; President, 2001-2002)
- AGC Legislative and Legal Advisory Committee
- Member and Officer, Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Clubs of Napa Valley, 2005 - current
- Member, Board of Directors, Napa Valley College Foundation, 2006 - current